Stuck in Barnet Vermont...........

Elizabeth M. Quanstrom elizam55 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 22 10:10:09 MST 2001

I am trying to help some third cousins find their family tree.  It is most interesting as it descends from Mathais Claude Phaneuf/Feneuf and became Fenof/Fenoff in this area.  I checked the census for 1900 and 1910 and see a few families Farnsworth and a few families Fenoff.........I know that the family line that I am researching came from St Hyacinthe area of Canada and I can trace them until I get to Rose Feneuf, born May 1851 in St Hyacinthe.

Rose married Frank Cheney, some 30 years her senior, circa 1868.  Question is WHERE.  Family evidence may place the family at Monroe, NH  at this time or at Barnet,VT but the marriage has not been found in Vermont.

Parents of Rose were Rose Frechette and Francois/Francis Faneuf.  Francis born March 23, 1824 son of Francois and M. Brigitte Pion, Francois son of Francois and M. Charlotte Jared, he son of Claude Faneuf and Felicite Mignan. and so on it goes.

Can this group, Farnsworth, assist us with the last generation, Rose and Frank Cheney?  Where married?  Frank's parents maybe?

We truly appreciate any direction which you could give.

Libby Quanstrom