Farnsworth, Matthias (Senior) by Dr. Samuel A. Green

Patricia Greer p.greer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 7 14:54:30 MST 2004

Hello, I came upon your site as I was researching a painting of the historic Chief Pontiac as a 30-40 year old man.  The painting was signed Farnsworth, yet I cannot find a painter by that name.  I cannot determine if the painting was from the period of Chief Pontiac's life time or if it may have been done at a later date.  It is a large painting, perhaps originally meant, or perhaps even placed in a museum.

If any of your family research might include an artist from the period of approximately 1750, please advise me of where I might locate further information.

Thank you,
Patricia Greer