Brev. Brig. Gen Elon Farnsworth and his uncle, Gen. John Farnsworth

SCOTT CHESTER GIZMO1973 at msn.com
Fri Nov 29 12:13:00 MST 2002

Dear Sir:

     I have in my possesion a letter dated September 26, 1862 from Governor E.D. Morgan to President Abraham Lincoln recommending the promotion of Colonel Addison Farnsworth to Brigidier General. He was in the 79th Reg, N.Y. Vol. It was found in a velvet case with a wax seal. I have not been able to authenicate it and would appreciate any help you can offer. I believe this could be of some importance to a collector or museum. Thank you in advance for your help.

                                                                                        Sincerely

                                                                                         Deborah Chester