Searching for Sgt. Herbert E. Farnsworth--Medal of Honor

DIAMONDGIRL999 at aol.com DIAMONDGIRL999 at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 10:14:49 MST 2002

    Looking for any info and, hopefully, photo, of this illustrious member of
your family. He was born in upper New York state and was top soldier, Sgt.
Major of the 10th New York Cavalry when it founght at Trevellian Station, Va
June 1864. he saved a lot of lives that day though a very brave act and
received his nation's higest award for gallantry. However, there is no known
photo of him in existance. If I can find it I will see that it gets into
military archives and in many public archives throughout this great country
of ours. I hope someone out there can help.   Ron Tarburton