Farnsworth Family - Descendents of Matthias Farnsworth - More Ties in Farnsworth Memorial II via Samson Farnsworth

LeeGoff res0fuq0 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 16 09:31:12 MST 2001

My previous posting regarding Lucy "Nancy" Pierce Seymour (daughter of Jared
Pierce and Elizabeth "Betsey" Farnsworth and Robert Seymour has an update.

I just received Robert Seymour's probate records from Webster County, Iowa
in 1902.  Four children were named in the record, one of whom was listed as
Lucy E. Farnsworth residing in St. Edward, Boone, Nebraska.  I discovered
the family in the 1900 U.S. Census living in Nance County, Nebraska (which
abuts Boone) and found that her husband was Chancey Farnsworth.  The
marriage would have occurred abt. 1878 in Illinois.

Of course I immediately went to the web site message referring to Samson
Farnsworth and it's reference to his marriage and children and every date
matched that which appeared in the 1900 Nebraska census.  The children of
Chancey Farnsworth (b. 5 Apr 1849 in Illinois) and Lucy E. Seymour (b. 4 Aug
1858 in Henry, Illinois) are:

Oliver C. Farnsworth b. 20 Sep 1879 in Illinois
Jessie L. Farnsworth b. 18 Sep 1881 in Illinois
Elsie C. Farnsworth b. 16 Sep 1883 in Illinois
George S. Farnsworth b. 14 Feb 1885 in Illinois

Chauncey's father, Samson, was the youngest brother of Elizabeth "Betsy"
Farnsworth Pierce (Lucy E. Seymour Farnsworth's grandmother.  I think this
makes them second cousins once removed, but I am not sure.  Samson and his
family are referred to on p. 381 of Farnsworth Memorial II.

Sincerely,

Margaret Goff

e-mail: lee.goff at verizon.net