INCORRECT FARNSWORTH DATA

BarryF bfarnsworth at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 10:58:58 MST 2007

Almost every geneology web site will put some type of disclaimer up that the information they have is gathered from a variety of sites or individuals, and that conflicting information may be available.

  In some cases, it's almost impossible to determine what is right and wrong, such as a man who has two wives and ten children, and trying to decide which children are with which wife.  I've had to change some things that I believed about my ancestry based on newly-discovered information.  And on my wife's side, we discovered that an entire line of a very prominent last name really shouldn't have that last name at all because a great, great, great grandfather was simply taken into the family and assumed the last name.  Geneology is an inexact study.  The only thing we do is keep gathering information.  It doesn't always fit together like we think it should.

  The only one who knows for sure is God.

  Cheers
  B Farnsworth

NorthBend49 at aol.com wrote:
  Hello!

Does anyone, besides me, know that some of the information on Ancestry. com. about Henry Farnsworth of Greene Co. TN is WRONG!  Does anyone care?  I have been told by friends that other lines - besides the Farnsworths are wrong - and they have tried to correct it but to no avail.  Is the this the true form of garbage in and garbage out and, yet, people pay money for this junk.

Naturally, it is my line that is wrong or I would have never have caught the error.  Do you have any idea how I might correct this.

Thanks,

B. Gilbert