Edward Mellen Farnsworth

Alice Williams alice.williams1 at comcast.net
Sun May 15 18:38:51 MST 2005

My grandfather's sister, Charlotte Frances Pinkham, born 1832 married Edward Mellen Farnsworth.  His father was James D. Farnsworth who married Rebecca Miller Thayer, born in 1800.  Edward lived in North Chelsea, Massachusetts, I believe and later moved to Brookline. I have a good record of his chilren and their spouses.
 I am interested in finding out if  James D. Farnsworth had other children and who they were.  I think they were in the Brookline area, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, however I am not sure of that.

I am trying to find out if someone in the family married a Crowell from Newburgh area in New York. I don' t know if it was a man or woman.  I suspect it probably was one of James and Rebecca's children.I therefor want to find out who it was.
My grandafather Theodore Pinkham married a Mary Florence Crowell, his second marriage in 1900.  He  was born in Chelsea
but moved to Brookline sometime around 1870.  Mary was a cousin of his.  How they were related we do not know.  We are reasonably sure someone, a cousin in the Farnsworth family was the one  who  married a Crowell , probably in the early 19th century.

I also want to find out how the Farnsworths in Medfield Massachusetts are related to the Edward Farnsworth  family.  The same names keep reappearing through the generations, Edward, James,. Vincent.

I found the Crowells well documented in New York records but could find nothing to indicate a marriage to a Farnsworth.

I would be extremey grateful for any information you can supply.
e mail address, alice.williams1 at comcast.net. I can be reached by phone at 781 749 2036, or by mail at 11 Steamboat Lane, Hingham, Massachusetts  02043.  If I do not respond by e mail, please  let me know by phone or letter.  I think there is a problem receiving e mail but I am not sure.
Alice P. Williams