Levi Farnsworth

bruce.boyd at sbcglobal.net bruce.boyd at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 10 00:18:02 MST 2004

Suzanne F. Cooke,

I am also a decendent of Levi Farnsworth and Bellona Hewitt. My family has resided in northeastern Ohio since arrival of the Farnsworth ancestors to Sullivan Ohio sometime in the early 1800s. I recently obtained historical family records that are sketchy but indicate the following family history:

Mathias Farnsworth (b: 1612, d: 1689) m. Mary Parr (MA)
son Josiah Farnsworth m. Mary Pierce in 1720
son Josiah Farnsworth (jr) m. ??
son Solomon Farnsworth m. Cynthia Whitcomb (he fought in the revolutionary war from Salem, NY)
son Levi Farnsworth m. Bellona Hewitt in 1830

My tree continues with son Whitcomb Henry Farnsworth m. Abigail Close in 1856 in Sullivan, Ohio. I break from the Farnsworth line here. My 79 year old mother remembers going to an ancestor's farm in Sullivan when she was very young.

There are records of the graves of Levi and Bellona Farnsworth in the Old Rice family cemetery in Sullivan, OH along with others of my ancestors.
I was in Sullivan just last week. The Farnsworths are mistakenly listed as Farmsworth. See: ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/oh/ashland/cemeteries/rice.txt

Bruce Boyd
Davis, CA
bruce.boyd at sbcglobal.net