need source of info

gardenraiders gardenraiders at netzero.net
Wed Feb 7 00:44:03 MST 2001

     I am seeking the source of information that was given in the "FARNSWORTH MEMORIAL", as found in the book "CHUTE FAMILY IN AMERICA" by W.E. CHUTE.  There are several references to Farnsworth and Hall marraiges.  One is of a MARY FARNSWORTH b. 1807, Wilmot, NS, 4th child of SOLOMON F., B. 1738 and MARY CHUTE, d/o JOHN CHUTE (2nd m.), who married WILLIAM HALL, s/o JOHN HALL b. abt 1769, whose father was WILLIAM b. abt 1748 in Somersetshire, Bristol England.  Mary and William lived in Wilmot, Annapolis County, NS.
     Also, another reference is to that of MARY BROWN, d/o GEORGE BROWN and ANNA CLARK, who married JAMES HALL, a brother of the above WM HALL, s/o JOHN HALL, s/o WM HALL who came from Bristol Eng.
     Mary Brown's mother was MARY FARNSWORTH, d/o SOLOMON F.  It would be of great help to find the source of the info regarding William Hall (b.1748) coming over from Somersetshire, Bristol, England.  He apparently came to "America" before the American Revolution of 1776.
     My 3GGfather John b. abt 1769 was married in Annapolis Royal, Annapolis Co., N.S. in 1791 to Nancy Anna Munro,
d/o Lt. Col. Henry Munro.