searching for Josie

Judith Whitmer judithwhitmer at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 07:12:07 MST 1999

Hello Farnsworths, My name is Judith  Whitmer, my great-grandmother was
Josephine Farnsworth Hakes, her mother's maiden name was Crandall or Atkins.
She married Fred Hakes in Milan, Pa. on  Dec. 1, 1886. Family history says
that she  had Native American blood. It is said that Fred, her husband, used
to say, "Josie, your Indian blood is showing." My Dad told me  it was
probably Iroquois,  however that is a large Confederacy  and I am asking if
you have any history  pertaining to Native American blood in the Farnsworth
geneaology. I have been studying for years and suddenly, because of
computers, I can get out of librarys and research from my home!  I would
really appreciate any bit of information  then I could  take that and
continue. Thank you so much. Sincerely, Judith Whitmer' R.S. 1, Box 25,
Sayre, Penna. 18840, ph. 570-888-4891.